LMAP OVERALL INFORMATION
Q1 : Candidate's manual
Please, read carefully the candidate’s manual before taking the LMAP test.
Q2 : What about the full-screen mode?
After going through the test information pages, you are asked to start your test. At this time the test is moving on a full-screen mode.
Do not try to quit the full-screen mode or the copy-paste any screen. If you do it, we will detect a suspicious activity and your test will be stopped or discarded immediately using any kind of device including computer, tablet or smartphone.
Q1 : My LMAP test is online proctored? Why and what are the requirements?
For high-stakes decision making, the LMAP test can be administered online using a secure process of identity verification and behavior monitoring. This process is called ONLINE PROCTORING.
The online proctoring administration mode is used following requirements by the Authorized Test Center, the company or the institution requiring the LMAP test.
The online proctoring requires that you:
- Have with you a valid official ID (passport, driver’s license, country ID), with an up-to-date photo
- Have access to a quiet space with no one else present in the room
- Have a good Internet connection or 4G equivalent, if using your cell phone
- Have a computer with front-facing camera or smartphone; headphones with microphone, or speakers
Q2 : What about online proctoring at MTS?
During the test, our AI (artificial intelligence) powered engine is:
- Checking and comparing the various photos, videos, and photo IDs of the candidate, using facial recognition for identity confirmation
- Watching for suspicious behavior via the photo, video, and web-navigation analysis.
If an identity breach or other suspicious behavior is detected, the delivery of the test result is suspended for 48 hours. This information is displayed on the candidate result page and the Authorized Test Center is informed.
Additional random video for identity check
During the LMAP test with proctored administration, the system can display one or many random videos, which pose questions to the candidate. Please make sure to answer the questions accordingly, within the given time frame, making sure your face remains visible.
Q3 : How do we manage suspicious test?
All suspicious LMAP tests must be reviewed by an accredited MTS supervisor. 48 hours are necessary to perform the full LMAP test review. The supervisor has access to the photo of the candidate, the video of the candidate, the ID of the candidate, and all the photo checks collected during the test (100 to 200) as well as all web-navigation flags that are not compliant with test requirements.
- If the suspicion is not confirmed after the supervisor review, we unlock the scoring process, deliver the score and certificates, and inform the candidate and the Authorized Test Center.
- If the suspicion is confirmed, the status of the online proctoring will be changed to: “Suspicion confirmed” and scores and certificates will not be delivered.
The supervisor documents the decision and keep track of the reason and the record of the evidence
Q4 : How can I make a claim if my LMAP test is placed on suspicious confirmed?
The candidate and the Authorized Test Center have 2 months after the date of the test to file a claim.
For any claim, MTS will:
- Ask another supervisor to reanalyze the proctoring data in order to make sure there is no mistake,
- Answer the claim by providing the candidate and the ATC with more detailed evidence about the suspicion.
At this stage, if the suspicion is proven wrong, it can be removed and the LMAP test scores displayed; if the suspicion is confirmed, the results will continue to be withheld.
VIDEO AND WRITING INTERVIEW OPTION
Q1: Why am I asked to perform an interview in addition to my LMAP test?
The LMAP INTERVIEW is an optional feature, which the candidate performs after the LMAP test ends. It is usually required by the Authorized Test Center, a company or a specific institution.
Q2: How does the interview work?
The interview option is composed of:
- A video interview lasting 1 to 5 minutes
- A writing activity lasting 5 to 15 minutes
The questions for the video and the writing interview can be either standardized questions, provided by MTS, or customized questions from the Authorized Test Center, a company or a specific institution. The duration can be customized as well.
The optional video interview requires that the candidate bring specific, properly equipped devices to the exam. These include an appropriate headset with microphone and also a computer, a tablet or a smartphone with camera.
WEB BROWSER TROUBLESHOOTING
Q1: Having some problems on LMAP with your internet browser
Depending on your browser and your device, you can encounter specific difficulties depending one the version, the cache and cookies.
As a first step, we recommend that you clear your browser’s cache and cookies, as these cause numerous problems when navigating sites over the web.
If that does not resolve your problem, you will want to try a different browser entirely. We are including a list below of browsers that work well for today’s web content. Also make sure to clear the other browser’s cache and cookies as well prior to loading the page.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer above version 9.0 (Prefered after version 11.0)
SAFARI and I-OS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WHEN YOUR EXAM IS ONLINE PROCTORED
Additionally, you can try using a feature called Private Browsing.
– In Firefox, click on the Firefox button in the upper-right corner and select New Private Window.
– In Chrome, click on the Options buttons (3 horizontal lines to the right of the URL bar) and choose the option for an Incognito Window.
– In Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner, select Safety, then select InPrivate Browsing.
You will also want to check the version of your browser, downloading and installing any updates that may be available.
At the end, if it doesn’t work, please use another device, even a smartphone will be perfect.
Q2: Issues using I-OS and SAFARI when your exam is online proctored
If your exam is online proctored using photo and video, you will not be able to use SAFARI. If you start your test using SAFARI you will be stopped and you will see the message below.
We recommend you to use Chrome even on your I-OS computer or you Iphone.